Thursday, August 21, 2014

Journey of Hope

I'm on a journey at the moment. A painful, heart wrenching, soul searching journey. Each day is a new discovery of emotions ... some I don't want to feel. Others come and go like the breeze and I wish they would stay a bit longer. I have given myself permission to feel, simply feel. It's strange, isn't it that we need to give ourselves permission. One thing clear about this journey ... God is with me. You know this "peace that passes all understanding" scripture we quote all the time? 

It's so very true.

His peace wraps around me like a soft, warm blanket. 

My children feel this peace as well. They know that God is with us and have both turned to Him instead of away from Him. As a mom, this is a comfort as I watch them grieve and turn to our only Hope ... Our only Strength ... Our only Peace. 


“The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds feet and will make me to walk {not to stand still in terror, but to walk} and make {spiritual} progress upon high places {of trouble, suffering, or responsibility}!” Habakkuk 3:19


In every situation, He is our only hope. No matter what.

The more we depend upon Him, the more He can show us how strong He is through us. 

The more we lean upon Him, our eyes open to the fact that His is our rock.

So, I find myself on a journey, not a destination. I don't intend to stay put in the difficulty, I intend to walk through in freedom, in joy, in victory. 

I was having a talk with my daughter this morning and sharing with her this scripture ... 

"I will go before you and make the crooked places straight ... "
Isaiah 45:2

That's what He does. The Lord goes before us and smooths things out and makes the crooked places straight. As I was sharing, she smiled and told me she was reading yesterday and came upon that very same scripture. Blissful sigh, don't you just love when that happens! God confirms His word and teaches our children who He is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment